10 FUN FACTS ABOUT TEA!
May 21st is International Tea Day!
Here are 10 fun facts about tea!
1. Tea is a beverage made from the Camellia Sinensis plant
2. Tea is the most consumed beverage after water
3. Tea is one of the worlds oldest beverages
4. Tea plantations provide employment to millions of growers worldwide
5. There are many health benefits linked to drinking tea on a regular basis.
6. There are over 1000 varieties of tea, most commonly classified as white, green, oolong and black.
7. Each day 159 million Americans drink tea
8. In the UK, 68% of people drink tea per day
9.The US consumed over 3.8 billion gallons of tea in 2018
10. Tisanes are any tea style herbal infusion. It can be made from nuts, seeds, berries, flowers, roots and leaves. So, you're favorite "tea" may in fact be a "tisane."